Friday, February 26, 2010

Chef's Market Tasting Recap!

::UPDATE:: Professional Pictures are up... view post here!

So, as my two readers know (hey Dani and Daddy! haha), last night was my first legit evening immersing myself in the professional wedding world via Chef's Market's Tasting in Goodlettsville.  Specifically for wedding vendors and a few lucky brides, Chef's Market broke out the gruyere macaroni & cheese, mini meatball subs, spare ribs, parmesan crisps, and buttercream-slathered cupcakes. And those were just the items I DIDN'T partake in!

(mini hamburger sliders & crabcakes, and yes i did partake in these)

(a little blurry, but teensy ice cream cones filled with wild rice orzo & quinoa)

(MY PLATE! well, what was left of it... a slider, pineapple, and club med salad)

From what I can recall, this is what I ate (and thought!):

blueberry stilton (yes... blueberries and cheese. weird? no. delicious? you bet!), pesto & sundried tomato savory cheesecake (pretty good), crispy sesame breadsticks (not so great), club med salad (quite tasty but hard to eat out of a tiny square bowl... strawberries, goat cheese, pine nuts, spinach), crabcake (YUMMM), mini slider (YUMMMMMM!!! perfect! not overdone at all, but SO TINY!), savory cone with quinoa (eh), savory cone with wild rice orzo (eh), pink cheese (? never figured the name on that one...), and diet coke (yeah, nothing special there, although they DID pour it for me).

Here's what I remember of what I didn't eat:

chicken tenders with red pepper dip (heard they were good sans the dip), smoked gouda mac & cheese (everyone who loved cheese loved this one!), mini philly cheese steak (didn't see anyone actually try it), santa fe spinach con queso
with homemade chips (apparently a best-seller).



Overall, a wonderful experience, food- and conversation/networking-wise.
I got to see there's an actual Ashley from Ashley's Bride Guide, was complimented on my coat by another notable Nashville planner, and met a couple of amazing vendors from the area.  I look forward to seeing them again (and others!) at the Bridal Brunch and Monday's StudioWed Grand Opening Event!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey now, I read this too :) That sounds simply fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks, Heather. :) And it was, indeed! I can't wait to start planning your wedding for rizzle.

    ReplyDelete