Thursday, March 4, 2010

eggless crepes

Who knew crepes could taste just as good (maybe better!) but be eggless?! I didn't. But now you (and I!) know. They can.

How to substitute?  Plop down one tablespoon of Greek (or other light vanilla) yogurt in lieu of an egg white. Pour just a teensy bit more skim (or almond) milk to make it a little more liquidy, and there you have it... heaven on a plate.

I realize my pictures are starting to all look alike. I'll work on that.

Recipe as follows....

For 2-3 crepes:
1 tbsp Greek vanilla nonfat yogurt
a little over 1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 scant teaspoon sugar

Mix ingredients, whisk with a fork until smooth (no flour lumps!), and sizzle to your heart's content on a nonstick skillet. Flip. Garnish with mini chocolate chips while still hot if you so desire. A dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip would be lovely too, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment